Software packages by Jan Ilavsky
All packages are made for Igor Pro (www.wavemetrics.com), which currently has version 7.0x. If you do not have a license for Igor Pro, you can install Igor Pro on yoru computer and it will run for 30 days as full featured demo version. After 30 days it becomes feature limited demo. This demo period should be more than enough to evaluate if you want to spend money on the license. For installation instructions see specific page for each package.
Package description (= which package I need?)
- USAXS data reduction - "Indra" - this is package needed for reduction of USAXS data. That is for the Bonse-Hart USAXS component of the USAXS/SAXS/WAXS instrument. Unless you used my instrument, you shoudl not need this, even though the same package can be used to reduce data from desktop Boinse-Hart instruments by Rigaku. But this was not tested for long time now.
- Area detector data reduction - "Nika" - this is package for data reduction (2D -> 1D) of SAXS or WAXS (=powder diffraction) data generated using area detectors. This is widely applicable package which is used by SAXS and WAXS community around the world.
- Small-Angle Scattering data analysis - "Irena" - this is package for analysis of SAS (1D) data. It can also analyze simple reflectivity data and has basic tools to evaluate WAXS (powder diffraction) data. Number of suppor tools (graphing, data manipualtions etc.) is included. Widely used package.
- Exponential decay data fitting - "Clementine" - this is package for fitting of any exponential decay data. It uses Maximum entropy method to generate distribution of exponental decay coefficents for complicated (mixed) or simple exponential decay data.
- Anomalous X-ray contrast calculation - "Cromer-Liberman" - this is package in Igor code which calculates Cromer-Liberman f', f", etc. Converted from original Fortran code.
Package installation (Irena/Nika/Indra)
These three packages are all installed (for Igor 7 and higher) by same installer Igor experiment. Download GH_Installer and run it in Igor. Install one or more packages you need. Use same Igor experiment to upgrade/downgrade packages as needed. If you are installing these packages first time, install XOPs also. Easiest is to watch How to install movie on my Youtube channel. Note, these packages check monthly for updates.
Clementine and Cromer-Liberman must be installed manually in User Procedures by users. You can download these from their web pages (see side bar). See Igor help file for more details.